How to guarantee safety?
Regardless of what project you work on, safety is of utmost importance. If you are the leading member of the administration, then it is one of your most significant tasks to guarantee safety before, during and after the project is completed. You will also be responsible for edifying the users who will be using the play area in the future.
Your objective as a leading planning committee member is to make sure that the playground equipment and building materials pose no threat to the users who will be utilizing the playground on a regular basis. Should something happens to the children who utilize the playground or a certain play system, the responsibility will fall onto you.
Your tasks related to safety assurance should include:
- Prepare a curriculum that illustrates the safety materials for the users of the playground.
- Make sure that the curriculum is in simple language and easily understandable.
- Create a safety plan for the builders. The plan should include the proper allocation of materials, task allocation for skilled and non skilled volunteers, and children.
- Enforce the safety rules during the build days. Keep a constant check during the build days.
- Make sure that the first-aid kits are available on the construction sites.